People United for Pets (P.U.P. Dog Rescue)
Rescue Dog of the Week:
Here’s Casey’s page:
Interview with the Director of PUP Dog Rescue:
If you’d like to know more about PUP Dog Rescue and more about how to find a good rescue organization, as well as get some tips about picking a good rescue dog for you, here’s my interview with Laura Tonkin (She’s the Director of PUP Dog Rescue)
What are the two strategies that dog trainers can use to motivate their clients to do homework more consistently?
- Explain the specific downsides of training
- Long term frustration and stress with a dog’s bad behavior
- Potentially fatal misbehavior that results in their dog being injured or killed
- Connect homework rituals with already established rituals in their daily life
What are the 3 biggest mistakes dog owners make in training their dog?
- Not creating enough structure in their everyday life with their dog
- Mistakenly thinking that training only occurs when you label something a training session
- Trying to apply behaviors in real life prematurely