Some of the areas of focus for Beau and the organization are;
- Raising awareness about the needs of senior pets
- Specific challenges related to their care that the organization faces
- Foster care / adoption
- Working with underfunded shelters
- Providing assistance with medical care while they wait to be adopted
- Incredible success stories and positives for adopting senior pets
- Their focus on continuing support for families that take on these pets
We talk about what the first steps are for people who want to be involved. We also share some general stories about relationships with dogs, and contrast them with the unique elements that mature dogs bring (whether it’s pain management, rules and obedience, family connection, etc.)
There are options for sponsoring animals (more details about becoming part of “the pack” here).
You can visit Beau’s website as well at LoveForSeniorPaws.org.