I talk about some of the basic steps that David requires for the dog to get started, such as;
- Obeying sit, stay, type commands
- Ability to be calm in a dog-friendly restaurant environment
- Not aggressive towards other animals or humans
- They need to be able to physically perform in these environments (on more strenuous hikes)
- Comfort level with the outdoors and other dogs
We talk about some day tours as well, so if you or your dog are not ready for the long adventure you can explore some of the wine country in Northern California, or southwest trips, and many more. David was a fun interview and is a great inspiration for those wanting to find a deeper connection with their dog. We’ll talk about David’s favorite spots to go on adventures.
You can visit their website at HappyTailsTours.com
You can call them at 262-6-CANINE (262-622-6463)
On Instagram at @happytailstours or on Facebook here.
Thank you P.U.P. Dog Rescue!
Thanks to our sponsor P.U.P. Dog rescue as well – today’s rescue is Moana! She’s a 5 month old, white scruffy 6 pound terrier mix. Adorable, and will likely be somewhere around 15-22 pound range. She’s housebroken and energetic. You can get more information about her here, or just visit PUPDogRescue.org for more on how they work.