Gary Larson’s Far side cartoon Facebook page: Here
Key points from the section:
The advice in podcast 7 applied to that scenario
You can show love and affection to your dog for their whole life
Be aware of 3 things when you positively, physically and verbally, interact with your dog:
- When you’re petting and praising your dog
- Why you’re petting and praising your dog
- What effect it’s having on your dog when you do it
If you have a small breed dog work to interact with them like they’re … well, a dog.
- Don’t carry them in a bag everywhere
- Don’t hold them in your arms all day long
- Don’t let them jump up into your arms when they’re startled.
- Do coach them through managing their nervous system and learning the skill of recovery like a “big kid”.
Adult Dog Stuff:
Here’s the article on the three phase training plan for multiple dog house holds: