OUR INAGURAL SPONSORS!
People United for Pets (P.U.P. Dog Rescue)
Rescue Dog of the Week:
Here’s Emily’s page:
Interview with the Director of PUP Dog Rescue:
If you’d like to know more about PUP Dog Rescue and more about how to find a good rescue organization, as well as get some tips about picking a good rescue dog for you, here’s my interview with Laura Tonkin (She’s the Director of PUP Dog Rescue)
DETAILS IN THIS SESSION
My Bias in Dog Training:
- Rules and obedience skills offer dogs more freedom in the long run
- Be consistent and fair when you’re using any dog training equipment
- Generally, tools and equipment don’t cause confusion in a dog – trainers do.
Main philosophical points from this podcast:
- Think critically about what you hear anyone say about dog training (or anything really)
- If you disagree with someone, state your case clearly and be a little open minded to the idea that other people may come to different conclusions than you do about things
- It’s probably never a good idea threaten to harm someone because you disagree with them