To be considered as an affiliate you must have a community or audience that we feel is a good fit for our online video course. Examples of organizations that potentially meet that criteria include but are not limited to: Dog Rescue organizations (that promote balanced, relationship based, dog training), Blog writers focused on dog welfare, behavior and training, dog-oriented YouTube channel creators that promote balanced dog training, professional affiliate marketers that focus on dog related products and also represent balanced training oriented products.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days – we know you are eager to join our team of affiliates, and we appreciate your patience!
If you’re given initial approval, awesome! We’ll schedule a phone meeting between you and Sean McDaniel (creator of The Dog’s Way Training Course), and you and he can discuss more details about whether being an affiliate for the Online Training Course will be a good fit for everyone.
If you receive final approval, you’ll be given a unique affiliate ID that will:
- Allow you to access your unique URL for The Dog’s Way site
- Allow you to access your unique $5.00 OFF coupon to offer to your community and audience
- Get you registered in our payment system for automatic payouts of your commissions each month
- Allow you access to the pre-made marketing assets (banner ads)
Commissions and payouts
Example #1: A sale when one of your referred customers uses your $5.00 off coupon code.
- The course retails for $49.95 USD
- If your audience and customers purchase the course using your unique $5.00 off coupon that will result in a sale of $44.95
- Your commission on that sale will be $6.74 ($44.95 x 15%) Note: the actual amount of that calculation is $6.7425. We are rounding to closest whole cent and the amount of $6.74 will be the governing amount for calculating payouts on the discounted course.
Example #2: A sale when one of your referred customers pays regular retail price.
- The course retails for $49.95 USD
- Your commission on that sale will be $7.49 ($49.95 x 15%) Note: the actual amount of that calculation is $7.4925. We are rounding to closest whole cent and the amount of $7.49 will be the governing amount for calculating total payouts on the full priced course.
How we payout
We pay out affiliate commissions in USD via your registered PayPal account in the first week of every month.
When we payout
As we have a 30-day money back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. For example, if you sell a course on July 20th, that sale would become eligible for a commission on August 20th and be paid out in the first week of September.
The minimum payout balance is $30.00, so you receive a decent chunk of cash when payouts come around. For example, if you sold 4 courses in your first month, once they became 30 days old and eligible for commission payout, you’d only have $27.00 in commissions coming to you. So, we’d wait until the following month until the commission payout surpassed the $30.00 payout mark to issue your payout.
In order to receive a payout for your referrals, you must register payment details with our payouts service.
Important note: We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases. We do not offer recurring referrals.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- To register as an affiliate, you must fill out an application online
- You must be approved to be an official affiliate for The Dog’s Way Training Course
- You’ll receive 15% commission for every new sale you refer (as determined by use of your tracking cookie or your unique discount coupon code)
- Minimum payout balance of $30.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in USD)
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of the month following the sale reaching the eligible 30-day time limit
- Referrals are paid out via our automatic payment system using PayPal
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase The Dog’s Way Training Course or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
We really want to make sure you get your commission! So, we’ve built in some redundancy
We issue each affiliate with their own unique $5.00 OFF coupon code to further identify that you are the referring affiliate. If a lead purchases the course 32 days after clicking on your link, by virtue of the cookie tracking method, you wouldn’t get credit for that sale. However, if they use your discount coupon code, we will credit you with the sale and award you the commission associated with the sale.
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $30.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for (but are not limited to) the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate, you agree to receive emails from The Dog’s Way LLC. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding The Dog’s Way LLC affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote The Dog’s Way LLC. And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate applications may be rejected or suspended
We reserve the right to reject applications or suspend affiliate’s association with us for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for taking this action. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected or an affiliate’s association with us might be ended (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- Affiliates that misrepresent, over-promise The Dog’s Way Training Course or use deceitful practices in any way (For example, Sean tells people who have dogs with aggression problems to not use any video course, TV show, or book to rehabilitate an aggressive dog and instead he encourages them, when dealing with aggression issues, to consult a trainer in person. If an affiliate directly claims or implies that The Dog’s Way Online Video Course is intended for use with dogs experiencing aggression issues, the Affiliate’s relationship with The Dog’s Way LLC will be ended immediately.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that directly re-sell any of our products will be rejected (That is, sites that directly sell access to the online video course, which is a violation of The Dog’s Way LLC’s copywrite of the material and illegal, by the way).
- Websites considered inappropriate by The Dog’s Way LLC will be rejected.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate, we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote The Dog’s Way Training Course and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months. We will notify you via the email you registered with that we have suspended your account.
Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed and super cool promotional methods
How you promote The Dog’s Way Training Course is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to The Dog’s Way Training Course and bring us legitimate, loyal customers.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers, or friends about The Dog’s Way Online Video Training Course, and give them your affiliate referral link and/or your $5.00 off coupon code
- Write a review or a blog post or review about The Dog’s Way Online Video Training Course and link to our site with your referral link and /or $5.00 off coupon code. (We’d encourage you to write an honest referral … we assume if you’ve applied to be an affiliate that you like the course and that your review will be glowing ! If you don’t like the course and want to write a blog review that discourages people from buying the course, that’s cool – free speech and all that. (we just feel compelled to let you know that you may not generate tons of money in commissions from that sort of post.)
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or do a video review of The Dog’s Way Online Video Course on your YouTube Channel. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses and using your referral link in your replies.
- You may print a business/information card with your Discount Coupon code on it and give it to individuals to whom you are referring The Course. (please do not engage in mass mailings or dumping of cards or flyers though)
- Under the category of friendly advice, we’d recommend that, prior to recommending the course, you personally use the course or work with a friend or family member to apply the video course with a dog that you know. That way, your communications about the course will be more detailed and “first-hand”. As we’re sure you’re aware that a referral that says, “I’ve used this course and found it to be amazing!” is simply a better referral than one that says, “This person told me that they liked this course”. Approved affiliates will receive a one-time 50% off coupon code to purchase the course for their own use.
Prohibited and super uncool promotional methods
We love and back our Course 100%, and we are incredibly careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any fraudulent, annoying activity or activity that misrepresents The Course and our company, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- The Dog’s Way Training Course may not be promoted on general coupon sites
You may offer your unique coupon discount code as an added perk to any article, video or detailed post you do describing the product. That is to say, you may not send out a spam social media post saying, “here’s a coupon code I found for this product if you’re interested”
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited
- Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote The Dog’s Way Online Video Training Course. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being suspended or deactivated. See above for allowed and super cool promotional methods!
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with The Dog’s Way Company. Affiliates aren’t employees of The Dog’s Way LLC and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be The Dog’s Way Company, or Sean McDaniel is prohibited
Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an “official” The Dog’s Way site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by The Dog’s Way is prohibited (and super uncool).
- As our affiliate program is intended to be a “referral” program, we are disallowing any mass flyer/paper coupon/letter campaigns. That is, please don’t print out a stack of flyers and drop them off at your local vet’s office. These “mass mailing” type procedures do not lend themselves to a quality referral (which is the intent of the affiliate program). Anyone using these methods will have their relationship as an affiliate ended with The Dog’s Way LLC.
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of not-cool promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected, and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate!
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of The Dog’s Way, LLC. You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against The Dog’s Way, LLC. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.